Saturday, the 24th of May, 2014

After having recently obtained a job at a local church, I once again sat at my desk and peered outside the window. Despite it being late may, the weather has seemed to take a turn for the worst, reverting from the glorious sunshine we had enjoyed over a few weeks back to the grimy, wet and cold substance that is rain.

Now is the weekend, the time for relaxation; well it would have been had it not been for various pieces of work that have to be completed for the coming Monday. Feeling slightly deflated, I set to work. Pausing only for hot cups of tea and coffee, I dredged through my work. After not making much headway, I decide to go on a walk. So I once again leave the study, lock it, and slide the small key into my trouser pocket.

At the front door, I pause, gazing at the cold and drizzly rain. Despite the uninviting nature of the rain  I decide to venture out; after locking the door I realise the full brunt of my error. Freezing rain dripped down my collar, and I step forward into ever more chilling rain.

1 comment: