Tuesday, the 20th of May, 2014

This morning, I awoke to the sound of birds with bright sunlight and fresh air entering my room as I roused myself from the deep sleep I'd had the night before. As I lay there, musical ideas entered my head, formed by the birdsong which had entered my dreams, waking me up.

Like many countless musicians and composers before me, being inspired by the tweets and chirrups of the Blackbirds and Dunnocks outside my window, I left the bedroom to begin the walk to my study. Whilst all this activity was occurring in my brain, the walk to the study seemed to take much longer than ever, like the last walk to the gallows. However, this did not deter my from my path. I shuffled to the study door, took out the small brass key and put it in the keyhole. I turned it, and heard the lock click.

Upon entering my study, I locked the door behind me and sat down at my desk. With bright sunlight streaming across my desk, picturing soaring violin lines and luxurious piano chords, I pulled out my pen and manuscript paper; and I began to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment